Wednesday, October 18, 2006

kurarera

i can't imagine that today i'm going to sleep on empty. the day was just jinxed since morning. i wake up kawaida and there are no edibles in the fridge. and that is just the start of the day, so i have breaksfast at a restaurant. i go on my kawaida shuglis and by lunch time i still haven't made enough dough for a decent lunch so i decide to fast like my fellow muslim brothers. but atleast i have had some breakfast so the hunger is not too much. anyway i decide to still save the money i am supposed to spend for supper by timing past 6.pm for the muslim housemates to break their fast and i plan to be there to feast with them. i have already said my prayers and fasted, or so i'm going to tell them. but it is not to be. i'm derailed on my way back and the feast is had without my prescence. so it means that i'll just have to spend on supper anyway. but there is only one problem. my day was not fully blessed so i got peanuts, (as TSC teachers) would put it, and the lady who derailed me also de-cashed me. now that means that i have to really budget if i'm to have supper and some cash left for one for the road. i decide to start with a one for the road then head to the neighbourhood shop to get my kawaida eggs and tomatoes for some ommelette. the shopkeeper is happy to have me as his last customer and i get my four eggs and tomatoes and off i go. i fika digs and straight to the kitchen i put on the frying pan and the oil and chop tomatoes in it. i prepare sembe while tomato is cooking and within 5minutes it's off the pot. now the last of my tasks is to break the eggs into the still cooking tomatoes. i pick the eggs and hit with the blunt side of the knife to break. i hit once and it just cracks, i turn it and hit harder but it just cracks a lil' bit again. i'm wondering, now wtf is wrong with these eggs? i pick another one and repeat the procedure with the same results. i'm getting worked up now so i start poking at the cracks with the knife hoping to make a large enuf opening to spill the contents into the pan. i poke and start removing the shell slowly all this while wondering what could be the matter, am i drunk already? only a glass of the concoction. but alas! kumbe the dude at the shop sold me boiro. i run back to the shop but of course he's closed. there are no other shops open. my tomatoes are still cooking. i get back and there is nothing in the pan just some black inedible residue. so i sit down and enjoy my ugs and boiro with half a glass of water. can the day get any worse? needless to say, the meal is not friendly with my one for the road cocktail. i hope the dessert, eno, will help ease any discomfort as i go to sleep. mungu atasaidia.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugs and boiro and a glass of water?no, half a glass of water.are you sure u are not on diet man? i'll try that combination and see how it goes down my throat. i'll have backup just incase. won't forget the ENO.

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe

Aki Ive laughed. Pole dude!

Dont let mamasilas decash you like that pwana! Kula kwanza then shugulika with them...

Hehehehe

alexcia said...

Jamaa you are certified mental.

I am interested to know about the lady who de-railed and de-cashed. Next time tell her to make you dinner.

kadinya said...

@bomseh - never been on diet.
@anonymus - i've learnt how to put food mbele then mamasilas
@alexcia - i'm meeting the lady this weekend. she'll pay for my misfortune.

Princess said...

daaang...thank goodness for Eno.

Chatterly said...

thats a funny combination but hey! at least you did not go to bed njaa:-)